Sunday, March 7, 2010

Junior Varsity Baseball Saturday 6th March 2010

I attended both the varsity and junior varsity baseball games.  I will create two blogs, one for each and place a few of the several pictures I took at those games.

I really enjoy baseball and therefore try to attend as many games as possible.  I also enjoy football, soccer, softball, swimming, track and field, golf, tennis, cross country, basketball, volleyball, in fact any sport where T.L. Hanna athletes are taking part.  I also enjoy photography.  It started off with having two beautiful daughters and my wife where I recorded the lives of our daughters from the time they were born to the present.  Something we all do but I think I go a little "overboard".

I started taking photos of student athletes at my former school because many parents could not attend their child's game and therefore never saw the wonderful things they were doing on the field of play.

The time given to take these pictures is mine and I enjoy being at the event.  The problem is the equipment.  It is expensive and as I have progressed with ability, I have upgraded my equipment. The equipment will eventually have to be replaced.  I therefor find myself having to charge for the pictures.

I am only charging $7.50 for an 8 x 10.  I prefer printing an 8 x 10 because it gives me an opportunity to edit the picture and show the athlete his or her best.

I was told by my journalist daughter Rachel, that a sports picture should show, where possible, the ball.  A 5 x 7 or 4 x 6 does not allow for the athlete and the ball to be shown at their optimum.

Enjoy.  I will not put this introductory explanation on every blog.  I just felt I had to explain what I do and why I must charge.

As a parent told me, they would prefer me taking the picture so that they can sit back and watch their child perform on the field.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  I always have my photo album with me at the games.  Take a look.  If you like the pictures, I am more than happy to sell them to you.  I am also creating separate files on my computer for each athlete.  I will have my computer with me and you could look at your child' file to see if there is a picture that you like.

Richard Morand
T.L. Hanna High School
A.P. Biology, A.P. Environmental Science
Honors biology and C.P. environmental studies teacher
richard.morand@gmail.com
























  


0 comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Anderson, South Carolina, United States
Teacher + Amateur Photographer = opportunities for wonderful photos. I enjoy attending the sporting events of my students, and capturing the highlights on camera. As a science teacher, I also enjoy nature photography - not only as an art form, but as a way to enhance my students education by bringing photography into the classroom. I have recently been asked to photograph portraits and weddings, and am finding a real enjoyment in capturing invaluable memories for others to enjoy.

My Blog List

Followers

hit counter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP